- About Us
- What We Do
- Ways to Give
- Write Us
Home / Robert Duffy
Robert Duffy has authored and co-authored a number of Columbia Institute publications, including reports on municipal financing for energy efficiency retrofits in Canada, downloading federal and provincial services to municipalities and building a green economy for BC. He also conducted research at the BC legislature and the national office of the Canadian Federation of Students. Prior to joining CI, Duffy worked in legislation and communications at the Canadian parliament. He also worked on federal, provincial and municipal election campaigns, and was involved as an organizer for a number of social movements in Canada and the United Kingdom. He is currently a coordinator for the Sustainable Communities Initiative (SCI), a Metro Vancouver-based project whose work focuses on analysis of policy and regional governance at Metro Vancouver (formerly the Greater Vancouver Regional District) and TransLink. He is a graduate in History of the University of Victoria and has a Master's in Communications from Simon Fraser University. @robduffySCI
Columbia Institute-CCG Publications:
* Charley Beresford, Robert Duffy, and Gaetan Royer, Who’s Picking Up the Tab, September 2014.
* Robert Duffy, Buying Local: Tools for Forward-Thinking Institutions, July 16, 2014.
* Charley Beresford, Robert Duffy, James Clave, and John Chapman, A Canadian Energy Strategy, May 2013.
* Charley Beresford, Robert Duffy, and Randy Galawan, Catch $25: How Mandatory Carbon Offsets are Undermining Real Emissions Reductions in BC School Districts, September 2011.
* Robert Duffy and Heather Fussel, This Green House: Building Fast Action for Climate Change and Green Jobs, May 2011.
* David Thompson and Robert Duffy, Jobs, Justice, Climate: Building a Green Economy for BC, “Jobs, Justice Climate Conference,” Vancouver, BC, September 10, 2010.